nearbAI - IP cores for Edge AI in XR devices
Battery-powered extended reality (XR) devices need to sense and analyze their environments within the response time of the human senses to provide instant visual and aural feedback towards the user. And do so with extremely low power consumption and with ultra-low latency. The easics solution meets these demands with their compact nearbAI semiconductor IP cores and its unique L3-Optimizer technology for low power + low latency + low area balance. The digital IP cores are optimized for integration in ASICs and ASSPs inside XR devices.
nearbAI IP cores are highly efficient neural network inference engines, configurable for an extensive and growing range of AI models and use cases optimized for energy consumption, performance and area. nearbAI powers functions such as scene segmentation and reconstruction, object and face detection and recognition, foundational to consumer and enterprise XR applications.
Ideal for mobile XR processor chips and even fits in the most compact near-sensor AI chips:
- Proprietary L3-Optimizer: low power + low latency + low area balance
- Scaled and tuned to the application, yet field upgradable
- Record-breaking MAC utilization up to 95%
- Wide-ranging configurable number of MACs: 16 to 4096
- Configurable MAC accuracy, independent coefficient and data quantization, 4 to 16-bit, single bit granularity
- Configurable internal memory bank sizes and bus widths
- As low as sub 10 milliwatt
Ultra-fast response time
- Face detection in 2 milliseconds
- Continuous multiplexing between multiple neural networks on the same nearbAI core, saving silicon area
Support for any sensor
- RGB, ToF, NIR, thermal IR, LiDAR, hyperspectral, stereo, ultrasound, audio
nearbAI – The smart & flexible IP cores for XR devices
-Ultra-fast Response Time
-Scalable & Flexible
-Optimizing nearbAI Compiler
-Secure OTA Updates
-Unique Small Footprint / Low Cost
-Easy SoC Integration
nearbAI IP cores are highly efficient neural network inference engines, configurable for an extensive and growing range of AI models and use cases optimized for energy consumption, performance and area.
nearbAI powers functions such as scene segmentation and reconstruction, object and face detection and recognition, foundational to consumer and enterprise XR applications.
-Standard off-the-shelf IP core(s)
-Customized IP core(s)
-IP core(s) + ASIC integration services
-IP core(s) + full ASIC design services
We have +30 years experience in custom DSP and image sensor chip design and we are now offering nearbAI, a family of digital IP cores. nearbAI is developed from the ground up and optimized for ASICs / ASSPs / SoCs to be used in XR devices.
Pick the optimal nearbAI engine for your applications and performance level. Give a major boost to your next mobile XR processor or smart image sensor. Use the sensors and peripherals of your choice. Integrate a nearbAI subsystem in your custom ASIC or ASSP. Map in the silicon technology of your choice: 40/28/22nm, 5nm and beyond.